Wednesday 4 March 2015

THE END IS NEAR! ... (the end of uni that is)


I actually went onto twitter and I was only going to write a jokey tweet about how absolutely everyone is asking me what I'm going to after uni... but then I thought... I don't actually know and then some deep thoughts ensued.

It's both super scary and so exciting at the same time.

I mean I have an idea of what I want to do but nothing is certain and I like that. I like the idea of the freedom and choice I have. I like that I can do whatever I want to do.

It's such a weird feeling being this close to the end, it definitely has yet to sink in, I'm just waiting for the day it does and I have one huge existential crisis. 

Once I'm through that though... my life, like real life, begins. 
So Freaky!

I mean, I could go straight to employment, set up my own business, go travelling, become a gold-digger and do nothing at all (joking obviously)! Seriously though, the possibilities are pretty much endless.

Honestly, it is so strange this place I'm at right now, I have crushing deadlines all coming my way in the next few weeks but I see the end, I feel the excitement, I can smell the freedom. 

I can not wait!




This wasn't a substantial post but this blog is only an extension of me and just about my life, so my bad if it was boring!

Thank you for reading though!
Birds in Blossom

Goddamn I'm going to miss student discount *cries forever*

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!
    I'm retaking my first year and I don't want to think about the subsequent years as it's far to scary!
    For now I want to drink coffee and blog about lipstick.
    Great post!
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and I'm totally the same. Right now I'm supposed to be finishing off my dissertation (eep!) but all I seem to be able to do is plan blog posts. Procrastination at it's finest!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete
  2. I graduated in January (after actually finishing studies last April) and people still keep asking me what am I going to do with my degree. I wish they would stop, but they don't. My only advice is to ignore everyone and do what you want to do. If you want to go travelling - go. You're only young once. If you want to go straight into looking for a 'real' job - do it. But if you want to be like me, work minimum wage at a theme park because you enjoy it - then carry on. Haha. It is hard to ignore the people, but that is just what you have to do. Life is short. Live it to the fullest & do what you want to do.
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, because at the end of the day it's my life and I'm going to do what makes me happy, no more, no less!
      I'm probably going to get a job when I leave that's just standard pay, save up, go travelling and then afterwards think more about career, but who knows what will actually happen!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete